- Look for products with eco-labels.
- Look for products that have been made of recycled materials,
deodorants without CFCs and washing powder without phosphates.
- Whenever possible, buy products in reusable bottles.
- Buy large, economy-sized boxes or bags of often-used products
- such as mineral water or washing powder.
- Avoid products with extra unnecessary packaging, such as
toothpaste with an extra box.
- Declare war on plastic bags - take a basket along or carry
your own bag.
- Buy fruit and vegetables by the pound and not packaged like
on styrofoam trays.
- Buy appliances with a long warranty period and such that
can easily be repaired.